(< Back to Home)
Are you/your family member/friend or person you care for lonely or isolated? Do they want to find an appropriate new friend or soulmate? Safe Soulmate is a not-for-profit friendship and dating organisation for diversely able adults (learning disabilities, autism, anxiety and additional needs) launched in February 2019, after carrying out extensive consultation. Our aim is to match adults 18+ to appropriate friends and/or to their potential soulmate in a SAFE and supported way. We also run fantastically fun social events, so if the person you or the person you care for would rather just have fun in a group environment, we can help.
Safe Soulmate is run by Christine O’Neil, Vicky Baddeley and Stacey Lee.
If you join Safe Soulmate, we:
- will meet you and/or the 18+ adult you care for before suggesting a match (we are not an online agency);
- carry out risk assessments for all clients;
- run fun social events in Cambridge. These events will focus on making socialising less pressurised with icebreakers and activities to share experiences.
From you Safe Soulmate will ask for and support you in:
- getting two references from a professional and someone who know you well;
- accessing relationship workshops delivered by Dhiverse free of charge;
- finding a chaperone to attend at least the first two outings, but ideally we encourage parents or trusted adults to do this.
We want you or the person you care for to have fun and to be happy, and will work hard to ensure that happens.
Click here to complete the essential information form, and we will then call you to arrange a meeting and/or to answer any questions you may have.
(< Back to Home)